- Collins, D. & Kearns, R. 2010 '"Pulling up the tent pegs?" The significance and changing status of coastal campgrounds in New Zealand'. Tourism Geographies, 12(1): 53-76.
- Collins, D. & Kearns, R. 2010 'Walking school buses in the Auckland region: A longitudinal assessment'. Transport Policy, 17: 1-8.
- Kearns, R. & Collins, D. 2010 'Health geography'. In T. Brown, S. McLafferty & G. Moon (Eds.). Companion to Health and Medical Geography, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford: 15-32.
- Collins, D. 2009. 'Contesting property development in coastal New Zealand: A case study of Ocean Beach, Hawke's Bay' International Journal of Urban & Regional Research, 33(1): 147-64.
- Collins, D. 2009 'Private/public divide'. In R. Kitchen & N. Thrift (Eds.)> International Encyclopaedia of Human Geography, vol. 8, 437-441.
- Collins, D., Bean, C. & Kearns, R. 2009 '"Mind that child"; Childhood, traffic and walking in automobilized space'. In J. Conley & A. McLaren (Eds.). Car Troubles: Critical Studies of Automobility, Ashgate, London: 127-143.
- Collins, D. & Shantz, B-M. 2009 'Public spaces, Urban'. In R. Kitchen & N. Thrift (Eds.). International Encyclopaedia of Human Geography, vol. 8, 517-522.
- Collins, D. & Kearns, R. 2008 ‘Uninterrupted views: Real estate advertising and changing perspectives on coastal property in New Zealand’ Environment & Planning A, 40(12): 2914-2932.
- Bean, C., Kearns, R. & Collins, D. 2008 ‘Exploring social mobilities: Narratives of walking and driving in Auckland, New Zealand.’ Urban Studies, 45(13): 2829-2848.
- Collins, D. & Coleman, T. 2008 ‘Social geographies of schooling: looking within, and beyond, school boundaries.’ Geography Compass, 2(1): 281-299.
- Shantz, B-M., Kearns, R., & Collins, D. 2008 ‘Intolerance for noise and disorder: Questioning the “publicness” of Auckland's lower Queen Street.’ Urban Policy & Research, 26(1): 39-55.
- Urban geography (housing, transport, schooling)
- Health geography (health promotion, active travel, children’s health)
- Political geography (property, public policy)
I am primarily interested in supervising suitably-qualified graduate students in the area of health geography, subject to available funding.