- Tóth, J.: A theoretical analysis of groundwater flow in small drainage basins; Jour. Geophys. Res., 68(10), p. 4795-4812, 1963. Also reprinted in Freeze, R.A., W. Back (ed.): Physical Hydrogeology; Benchmark Papers in Geology, v.72, Hutchinson Ross Publ. Co., 431 p., 1983.
- Tóth, J.: Gravity-induced cross-formational flow of formation fluids, Red Earth region, Alberta, Canada: Analysis, patterns, evolution; Water Resources Res., 14(5), p. 805-843, 1978.
- Tóth, J.: Cross-formational gravity flow of groundwater: A mechanism of the transport and accumulation of petroleum (The generalized hydraulic theory of petroleum migration); In Problems of Petroleum Migration, AAPG Studies in Geology No. 10. p.121-167, 1980.
- Tóth, J.: Groundwater as a geologic agent: An overview of the causes, processes, and manifestations; Hydrogeology Journal, 7(1) p. 1-14, 1999. [Also published in Spanish]
- Tóth, J. and I. Almási: Interpretation of observed fluid potential patterns in a deep sedimentatry basin under tectonic compression: Hungarian Great Plain, Pannonian Basin; Geofluids, 1(1), p. 11-36, 2001.
Present: Pannonian Basin (Central Europe), Western Canada. Past: India, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Texas (USA), Thailand, Western Canada
Regional (basinal) flow of groundwater: theory, controlling factors, and its effects on the natural environment (soil salinization, wetland hydrology, soil-mechanical and geomorphological processes, subsurface transport of matter and heat). Aquifer and well hydraulics: pumping tests. Groundwater hydrology: water budgets. Hydrogeological mapping and cartography. Petroleum hydrogeology: application of hydrogeological principles and techniques to petroleum exploration
University of Utrecht